Thursday, September 17, 2015

1st Blog :)

  • Ohayoo Guzaimasu! Deciding to take Japanese for me was a personal choice; My parents, friends, and even advisors did not really understand why I wanted to take Japanese, and even tried to sway me away from it. Why Japanese though? I was intrigued by the sounds of the language, a lot different than my 10 years of Spanish throughout my primary and secondary schooling, and the culture that was behind it. Like most people, whom I assume that take this class, I too love anime and manga. However besides that, artists like Yayoi Kusama and cities like Tokyo have intrigued me for most of my high school years with their works, lights, and sounds. Coming into this class, I feared that my deficiency of language would show. After these past two classes I have felt more at ease, but definitely have a lot of work to do in terms of properly pronouncing the words and writing out the characters. I look forward to progressing in this class and hopefully making friends along the way. Ja, Mata everyone!

4 comments:

  1. こんにちわ。ナヤクです。わたしもアニメがすきです。(Any favorites?)
    You should write a post about Yayoi Kusama at some point!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely write some more about Yayoi Kusama! You've peaked my interest haha. Understanding スパインご is already really impressive. Wish I could speak Spanish!

    ReplyDelete